Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything is a perspective, not the truth....

Tuesday, November 4, 2014


Autobiography
                I always look back and reflect upon my strengths and weaknesses as a student. I tend to feel overwhelmed and not confident about myself. I view others as strong competition and don't feel like I can compete against them. For a long time I was considering going to a community college after high school. However, I have taking AP classes, honors, and extracurricular activities. All my hard work would not be valued in a community college. Now my goal and priority is to go to a UC. I have lost confidence in myself completely and constantly told myself, “I used to be smart." Not anymore. I’m here to gain it back.
My weakness, aside from lack of self-esteem, rests on math. I took Algebra 1 in 7th grade. I had never felt uncap able of doing math until that point. It wasn't because I couldn't do it. It was a rough time for me due to injury. I was absent quite frequently and it affected my grades. I did everything that I possibly could do to fill in the gap for lost time in the classroom at home. Eventually, I did pass onto geometry, algebra 2, and finally trigonometry and found myself stuck in the same position. As my math teacher last year told my class, "within time those gaps become bigger and bigger." I had a rough start, but I fully intend to try my best and end strong.

My strengths rely on my communication skills. I love learning new vocabulary and foreign languages, which is why I am taking AP Spanish and AP English. I feel that writing comes to me naturally and gives me a voice. I like writing about politics and people rights because it makes me feel empowered. I admire a person that can carry them self through the usage of an extensive vocabulary.

To: jennysmiles143@

No comments:

Post a Comment