Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything is a perspective, not the truth....

Wednesday, November 5, 2014










Just a little rant :)
Today on the bus on my way home from work I stumbled upon a sign that not only made me reflect and think about how women are being objectified and degraded but also made me cringe to realize that women are allowing this to happen to themselves knowingly. A sign that said, "Girls, Girls, Girls," as if it were some sort of circus act. 
 I have never come across a sign that said, "Boys, Boys, Boys!" NEVER. And though I am sure there are some in existence, they are not publicized the way that women night clubs are. Men are applauded for their dirty works and women get dirty looks.
                As women, we should not let ourselves become objectified. We are not objects and should not be treated as such. And for those that think selling themselves is the only solution to financial problems, think again. You gain finances, but lose morals. Money comes and goes but you cannot repurchase dignity.

1 comment:

  1. I am really intrigued by your passion towards the view towards woman. I would love to see this rant be extended to an essay with complimenting examples.You should include the voices of those who have been looked down at and those who have been degraded to make your argument stronger. Viewing woman this way isn't right and I totally agree on the subject of this publication

    ReplyDelete